hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

somewhere over the rainbow...

I really like this arrangement of the Judy Garland classic, it makes my blues seem a little less blue, hopefully it will do the same for you. I'm not taking responsibility if you find the video cheesy though :)
Totally unrelated to anything, but it must be brown-recluse spider season. The girls and I rearranged their bedroom furniture and must have shoe-smashed, vacuumed, or otherwise killed close to a dozen of these humongous spiders. They gross me out, just because they grow so big and healthy in our basement. The final straw was when Noah came out with a live one in his hand, "bu, bu?" Yes, it's a bug, drop it immediately, only it came out as more of a "aaaaaaaahhhhhh, drop it, drop it NOW!" I've never actually known anyone who bitten by a spider, but better safe than sorry I say. On a different note, I'm having mixed feelings about fall coming. It has been downright cold and I feel a bit sad as I see the droopy, frozen plants, and no more sunny afternoons in the backyard playing in the water. But a good bowl of soup and piling on the blankets and snuggling close at night cures my wintertime blues. I told Cody that when we're 50-something we can be snowbirds and head to Florida in the wintertime. After so many Idaho winters I just might be ready for a warm Christmas, who knows. I'm off to fold my warm laundry, have a cozy week, stay warm...

1 comments:

Lisa Huber October 2, 2007 at 12:07 AM  

I have the image in my head of you and Cody chillin' on the beach in your burmuda shorts,matching shirts and Crocs and sipping a homemade lemonade. I hate spiders and smoosh them often. If the kids see one they yell "get it Mom, kill it" and scramble around looking for a shoe. I feel a little bad I have to admit. Some irony for you... we have a children's book from the 60's or 70's called "Be Nice to Spiders"!

Also, a few pics are up. You can right click them and save them for yourself. The images are smaller versions of the original for the web.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made