hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

skeletons, scarecrows, and red shoes, oh my...

Every year it seems Lauren and Chloe lament the fact that I hardly to anything to decorate for Halloween, blow-up lawn decor and tombstones just haven't been a priority I guess. So this year I tried to redeem myself. We made this skeleton out of eight milk cartons, it was a pain, but turned out kind of cute, in a skeleton-ish sort of way. I only sustained two cuts from the box knife I used. Not thinking I will do anymore of those little devils, plus it took the entire afternoon. I've always wanted to do a scarecrow, so I found the perfect use for one of the twenty Vandal t-shirts Cody owns. He has so much U of I sports gear, no load of wash is complete without something sporting the logo. Not that I mind, I mean I'm a proud Vandal too. The pic is a little fuzzy, but yes his 'head' is a little out of proportion with the body. We just kept stuffing and stuffing, he's a little on the chunky side, but Chloe found him to be quite lovable. It freaked Noah out a bit. A first it was "Daddy?" Then as he reached out to touch him and found he was crunchy and soft Noah kept his distance. Here's Noah with his "There's no place like home" look. He loves these red Dorothy shoes that actually belong to Lauren. Poor fella, he's going to have all these pictures with girly shoes, barrettes in his hair. He just spends too much time with us ladies. Hope L & C feel a bit better about the decor and hope Mr. Vandal doesn't get rained upon too soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous October 14, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

I love your Halloween decorations!! We saw a house in Richfield two nights ago that looked pretty scarey, complete with huge spiders, blow-ups etc.,wish Lauren & Chloe could have seen it but you took the time to made yours, that makes them even more special! Noah will be well-rounded, he won't have to read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"
He's live it! :-) Love you all xo
Grandpa & Grandma Yost

Sweet Pea October 17, 2007 at 9:49 PM  

You put me in the mood to actually decorate for Halloween, also we got Tayler a little kitty Costume and I want to take her trick or treating just to show everyone how cute it is!! I'm always excited to see what creations you come up for your kiddos.
It looks like Loren got the job in Provo (thank goodness, reno was too far away) he hasn't gotten an official offer yet because they can't give it to him until he graduates, but they told us to go ahead and put our house on the market and Loren goes down for another ride along with the guys he would be working with. Anyways, I'll be excited with a more stable situation. Hope all is well with your fam, it has been MUCH too long since we've seen you all. We really ought to get together one of these weekends!!!!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made