hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

work versus play...

who wins, well, lately it's been play. So today I kicked into high gear and swept and mopped all the floors this morning and made bread. Still working on laundry and bathrooms. Needed a break to play :) The pic of the front yard is the work that awaits us every fall, but I'm a bit excited about the leaves this year. Yesterday I splurged and got a leaf blower that has an attachment to suck, grind, then bag up the leaves, making an awesome mulch and compost. I was disappointed it rained and I haven't used it yet. Hopefully the excitement will keep with me a few more weeks! I don't think I'll ever get thrift store shopping out of my blood, guess we were in college too long. And still now, not out of necessity so much, but just fun, I still like to scour the stores in search of those hidden treasures. And believe me, they are hidden or in some cases, non-existent. I think what I like is having to look for something I need or something worthwhile. Going to a regular store doesn't give me the same satisfaction since-let's face it- everything looks great and sure I could use it at say a place like Macy's. But, most times there's a lot of junk and I go away with a few laughs at the stuff that was actually for sale. I found this cool fabric this week and liked in a funky, retro-ish way. I bought with aprons in mind. But back to the whole work thing. I promised myself before I jumped in with anymore 'fun' sewing projects I would finish my temple dress. Yes, the sad story is somewhere between here and San Diego, I lost my temple clothes. I still feel sad about it since I loved the dress so much. I've been trying to finish a current one for several months. And I don't feel it's coincidence that things keep coming up and stalling the project. Two nights ago, my junky iron burned a hole in the slip, aahh, at least it wasn't the dress right?! Yeah, the same iron that burned Noah, it has bad karma or something. So work before play, I'm needing to get some more slip fabric before the aprons get back on the table. Well, kind of long post about nothing in particular. Lauren and Chloe are posing in their new church dresses, they always want their picture taken on Sunday mornings. Guess they feel like they are looking their best! They were looking pretty cute this time. Till next time, love from our leaf covered home to yours, stay warm.

2 comments:

idahohubers October 19, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

So many thoughts: Lucky you to have the cool leaf blower - I love that kind of stuff. Yes, there are many a thrift store adventure with unfound treasure! The fabric is really cool! My cousin Cara does Fast Sunday photos every month to see how her girls are gowing - Your girls would love that! Always fun to read your thoughts - Hey, send that iron to DI!

Anonymous October 25, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

Did you get your temple dress finished? Anything that has the potential to be a lethal weapon, I'm all over. My specialty is dropping irons to the floor, that's hard on them. Those dresses are beautiful, but not as lovely as those girls! I'm hitting the yard tomorrow, I'll think of you and your blower-hope it turns your work into play.
(:)mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made