hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

a good investment...


Wow, just when you think that maybe what your kids hear and listen to doesn't make an impact, a dinner conversation like this one occurs. Last night I was talking to Lauren and Chloe, they have a mutual friend in first grade who they run with at each recess. She belongs to a Christian church and Chloe was pointing out our church adjacent to the school playground. Anyway, they got in a discussion about Heavenly Father, Jesus, and prayer. Chloe quoted the first two Articles of Faith to her and then told her friend... "the Pearl of Great Price tells us that Heavenly Father's work is to help us learn to be like him and help us live forever." She quoted verbatim these tapes and CD's- Scripture Scouts- that L & C listen to almost every night. Cody and I sometimes poke fun-they do have a singing dog, but the messages are great. And they teach so many gospel concepts through music, which is so effective with kids. Lauren informed me that the two of them along with two of their friends had formed a club where they would share their beliefs. They were both so nonchalant about it and I was glad they felt they could do that. So after this encounter I'm realizing at what a young age kids form their beliefs and really start to internalize them, it's neat really, that they know what they believe in well enough to share it with others. They need something to believe in at such a young age, how grateful I am for Primary and all the great resources we have to teach our children, even if it is Scripture Scouts :)

3 comments:

Melissa October 4, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

That's great!! I think your right. They do start to form a very deep connection about the world around them and how they fit in. This includes all religious beliefs. I love it when things like this happen. Then I know for sure how much my kids were really listening!!!And I think, maybe, just maybe FHE and daily scripture study does pay off.!!

Sweet Pea October 4, 2007 at 8:45 PM  

I wouldn't give the scripture scouts any of the credit. I think it's that great set of parents they have that teach them the gospel principles. Your girls are such a good example of what I want tayler to be. We sure love you guys!

Anonymous October 14, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

And a little child (children) will lead them....I'm a bit slow at the comments, but I had to say how thankful and proud I am that my grandchildren are standing up for what they believe in their hearts to be true. We love you and your family! Grandma Yost

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made