hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

so you think you had a bad day...

a guy on my street had a worse one. As we were walking home after school and haircuts for Lauren and Chloe we noticed 4 police cars, an ambulance, and a news van on our street. Hmm, people standing around on their porches looking towards the end of the street. Well, I watched policemen come and go out of the house near the bend in the road. Then the ambulance and news van left and boxes and totes started coming out of the house. When a policemen left and my next door neighbor talked to him I stepped outside to get the scoop and my suspicions were confirmed. This 30-something guy was running a meth lab out of his basement, that's right, a meth lab on my street, nice. I've never met the family. This summer though I saw a lady that could've been his wife and a little boy about 3 running around. Hope he was gone during this whole deal. I just associated him with this huge and muddy truck that would speed down the road and I always thought, "He needs to slow down a bit." I feel badly for his family and for his poor choices, just sad really. I also feel bad for whomever may end up buying the home, should they ever move. When we moved to our home, a few neighbors said things like, "Oh, I don't even want to tell you what happened in your house!" Seriously, like those kind of comments serve any purpose. So, I can just hear what those owners would be in for. So, I for one, won't be blabbing about what the previous owners were up to, if I'm still around. It does make me a little wary, but just mostly saddened by the thought that people do stoop that low. Too bad. Look for us on the evening news...

2 comments:

idahohubers September 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

HELLO! what a surprise that this was going on in our neighborhood. Honestly can't say I haven't wondered about some of my neighbors...

Thanks for watching Abby this morning. You've had a packed and interesting day! Liked to read about homework at your house. Now that Benjamin is in preschool he does his "homework" often in his little notebook. I have so many fun ideas for your family pictures - Can't wait!

Melissa September 28, 2007 at 9:49 AM  

I didn't see the police yesterday, but I'm glad they finally caught them. We were aware that they were there. And the wife is currently in rehab. CPS is there every week to check on the kids. And the police have been aware of them for awhile but haven't been able to catch him yet. I do know that he did do the drugs when the kids were home, They weren't allowed to be in his "little boys room" so I guess, I'm glad he's caught!!!!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made