hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Mom, when you were my age...


So, I'm starting to get just a little bit of a complex here. I'm not sure if my memory is seriously lacking in some areas, or my daughters just have super-detailed questions. Maybe all you objective readers can offer your opinions :) Every night when I tuck the girls in we visit for a few minutes and ultimately the conversations end up with questions like, "Mom, what were you for Halloween when you were seven?" "Mom, what was your favorite food when you were my age?" Or they get really tough with "Mom, what did your favorite pair of shoes look like when you were in first grade?" Are you kidding me!? Sometimes it's hard to remember what we had for dinner last night. No, really I think my short term memory is great, but maybe I'm lacking a bit as far as childhood memories. Sometimes one of their questions really jogs my memory and I can whip out an entire story about some random subject. But a lot of the time I end up with something lame along the lines of, "Hmm, I'll have to look in my photo albums." I'll get back to you on that. I must say I'm quite flattered that they have such an interest in what I was like as a kid-there I am in the pic-who wouldn't want to be buddies with that little chick? So tonight, after grilling me about every Halloween costume I've ever worn, and asking me to rate the five best it was just bugging me. (The best was hands down the three legged pants with my friend Whitney :) I had to find out what I was for Halloween when I was seven, here it is, a bum or poor homeless girl I guess! By the way, I just noticed, that is a wig, never was blessed with hair that thick. The haircut's pretty close though, happy times. So, I'm working on it, does anyone else have trouble pulling out random childhood memories or is it just me? I countered Chloe at the dinner table though. She asked a way too specific question for me and I shot back with, "Chloe, do you remember your favorite song when you were two?" "No, I don't remember." Really, I sympathize.

4 comments:

Best of East Idaho October 22, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

New Blog. I am trying to start this blog up..please check it out - you can win a prize!!

idahohubers October 22, 2007 at 1:54 PM  

How adorable - I swear you look so much like your girls you could pass that picture off as one of them! Thanks for watching my sweeties today. When I was seven I was a princess and ticked that I had to wear a coat over my beautiful satin dress with rhinestone buttons! (we lived in UT). My first favorite pair of shoes were little brown sandals with a bit of a heel. We attended the open house of the Jordan River Temple and I refused to cover them with the booties. My mom was riding in a wheelchair so I had to sit on her lap. (that's as I remember it, I was probably 5 or 6).

Melissa October 22, 2007 at 8:29 PM  

I was a bride for 3 years in a row. I loved the whole white dress veil thing. Also, I could wear make-up! HAHA Funny to think of it now. And I remember some tennis shoes from Kindergarten. They were brand new, so I think they stuck out in my mind.

Anonymous October 25, 2007 at 8:08 PM  

Wow, when I see all of the costumes now, I think life was simpler when I would tell you, Tanya, and your siblings to check down in the costumes and we'll come up with some outfit. However, you have made some adorable costumes for your children and I'm sure some little boy or girl will be asking them what they wore. They'll remember because it will have been just that "adorable." My best costume was a mummy. I think I did that at least three or four years.
:-) mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made