hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

a sneak peek...

into our Halloween festivities, so exciting, I know. I have to take pictures at Halloween since it's the only time my orange counter tops are seasonal :) L & C designed their own faces and Cody carved them since I scare him silly wielding a knife toward a pumpkin. Fine with me though, I'll stick with roasting the seeds. I think that's our favorite part, probably the only reason I got three pumpkins. A little olive oil and seasoning salt, yum. Does anyone else feel just a little sad putting the jack-o-lanterns out to the curb after Halloween, or is it just me? I feel bad wasting a perfectly good pumpkin and yet, who would want pie from it after it sat in the rain and held a burning candle for hours on end?! Ooh, maybe I'll compost them...hmm...
We went to Boo at the Zoo tonight and as we were bringing home a frozen Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) and a thawing pioneer, I remembered saying I wasn't going to go again after last year. Cody was at the ICCU booth last year and we went for the first time. Noah always stays pretty cozy in the stroller, but the girls freeze, since they insist on going without coats for awhile to show off their costumes. Lauren was near crying at the end, "Mom, I wish we were at the zoo in San Diego!" Yeah me too, just too cold here in Idaho. There didn't seem to be as many businesses and vendors there either, oh well, someone please remind me next year to pass it by. It's fun, just too cold for our thin skins I guess.
What a funny boy, Noah howled when I tried to get him into this bee costume, but today he put it on for about 3 minutes and we snapped some quick pictures. So, that's all the holiday he's going to do, he just wanted Lauren to put it on and buzzzzz at him. Well, more fun tomorrow, trying to gear up for the sugar high, those poor teachers, they must hate Halloween :)

4 comments:

idahohubers October 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

Your family is super adorable. I never tire reading up on the latest happenings. We kept our pumpkin seeds out from Sunday and I finally just tossed them. Jake was going to do the toasting... I'm not so much a fan of the seeds. But next time I'm going to try the olive oil and seasoning salt.

I really want to chat recipies sometime - don't let me forget. It seems like you're cooking good stuff on those orange counters

Melissa October 31, 2007 at 8:07 AM  

Pumpkin seeds are the best. I did mine too. And yes, they do fill that crunchy craving perfectly.

idahohubers November 1, 2007 at 9:51 PM  

In my browsing I found something for you to check out. Her style reminds me of your quiet book - which I LOVE. You are a talented gal. This girl is quite interesting and has a bunch of stuff about aprons vintage and otherwise. Don't tell people you're interested in something or they'll start sending all kinds of info your way! Like my friend who'd been given hundreds of PIGS (her favorite animal - not any more)

Here are the websites:

http://www.amykarol.com/
http://www.angrychicken.typepad.com/

Anonymous November 1, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

Wish we could have been there for the holiday! I miss those earlier years of marching up and down the stairs with Lauren and Chloe at the dorm on the U of I campus. Remember that scarey spook alley? That was so fun! What cute costumes ideas this year. Noah was a good sport on his terms, hey that's okay. This Grandma would have embarrassed everyone, I was Miss Diagnosed and had a hospital gown on, complete with walker and buns hanging out the back. Not pretty. I froze both sets, as I was out with only long johns underneath, doing trunk or treat for two hours. I'm ready for CA when you are :-) By the way, what was your cute outfit, Tanya?

Love you all,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made