hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

unwinding...

So this is how I've spent the last few evenings de-stressing from my day. I babysat two kids today-not sure I'm up to having 5 kids-it was wild but fun. Not that all days are stressful by any means, but for me there's nothing quite like doing something creative to bring me down a few notches. I've wanted to do a quiet book since my girls were little, but never did. I planned on just putting together something fast, but got carried away in the fun of it. Plus I used all old scraps, I didn't buy anything and that made me feel good and thrifty :) It felt like creating scrapbook layouts-only with fabric-so up my alley :) Some of the images were from an old quiet book my Mom gave me, funky early 80's colors-I should have posted the weird-looking kangaroo (mom, why is that kangaroo wearing a collar?!) Anyway, hope Noah enjoys it, and hope I get to sit in sacrament meeting at least for a few weeks!


2 comments:

idahohubers August 4, 2007 at 1:28 AM  

This book is awesome, I love it. Now I want to make one, but by the time I do it my kids would be 16 years old! I can just see them sitting there playing with the buttons ... Had fun at the park and glad you survived 5 kids :-) Plus, you are so nice for the comments on my pics!

Sweet Pea August 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

SOOO CUTE! You are one talented woman. I wish that I had the patience for that kind of thing. I am working on Tayler's baby scrap book right now. It will be the only scrapbooking I do for each of my kids I think. I'm just too fidgety. Hope all is well!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made