hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

wide open spaces....




Does, anyone else hear a phrase and immediately a song starts playing in your head? Happens to me ALL the time. Well, on Saturday after a very fun brunch with my friends, we left to go to Bancroft. My uncle Lyle from Morro Bay, CA was visiting my Mom. I get to see him only about once a year so I hated to miss it. It was so nice to see and visit with him, he's made some pretty big changes in his life and it's so exciting to see the difference! I'm not sure why we're posed here with my Dad's Kawasaki, he doesn't bike or anything! Cody was going to come down Saturday after work, but had his car overheated near Shelley so he missed the whole weekend. My Dad is in the midst of harvesting so I took Noah and we went out to ride with him in the combine for a hour or so. Noah was pretty enthralled, mostly by the horn and the dumping of the grain. I have to admit I really enjoyed it, it's been nearly 20 years since I rode in one. I love going home to visit, the open quiet space is something I always notice and enjoy now. When Dad dropped us off at the van at the edge of field and was driving away I had the most overwhelming feeling-looking over the endless fields and feeling so grateful my Dad does what he does and has quietly done it for so many years. It truly is hard work, but I think rewarding in the sense that you see something you cared for come to fruition, full circle. I don't think as a kid and teenager I really understood all that went into his work, not that I totally do now, but as a parent I have a little more understanding and a more grateful heart for the sacrifice and time he spent for us. Love you Dad, thanks for all the hours you spend out in the fields! Oh, not sure I'm ready for another week, so many things need to be done, so here I am blogging :) Just escaping for a moment, motivating myself to get to it!

1 comments:

Melissa August 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM  

Tanya, my Dad is also a Farmer and I love to go visit for the very same reasons. It makes me super homesick to read your post. (I haven't been home at Harvest time in years) Yes, Farmer's are very, very hard workers. Love to read your thoughts..........

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made