hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

what was under my nightstand...


















and accidentally became overdue was this little book. The Naturally Clean Home-it really motivated me in my efforts to be more green. I dabbled with creating my own cleaners in college and have used borax, castile soap, and baking soda for quite a while. This lady just came up with some actual recipes which I had to try. And she points out a lot of reasons why traditional cleaners maybe aren't the best. I just hate spraying my bathroom or kitchen with all those smelly chemicals and then calling it clean. This is more my style, she used a lot of essential oils and herbs. As you can see I still haven't mixed up any Tub and Tile Scrubber yet. Anyway, it's an interesting read if you're looking for something a little bit different and more environmentally friendly! Plus, some containers were right there in my fridge, holding the last bits of ketchup and parmesan cheese, how cool. Happy cleaning! (Sorry for the blurry pics)

2 comments:

Melissa August 29, 2007 at 7:59 AM  

Hey, I have done quite alot of this myself. Although I can't quite give up my "Bar Keeper's Friend" it's the absolute best. I haven't found anything that beats it yet. I'm interested in your recipes. You should post them. I made Laundry detergent as well. Have you done that yet? it's pretty good..........

Melissa August 29, 2007 at 3:19 PM  

Tanya, I'm tagging you for the middle name game. The rules are on my blog

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made