hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

birthdays and Q&A.....

Ugh, I should be in bed, it's hard to go when it's so quiet, peaceful, and smells like rain outside. I'm soaking it in and enjoying my time! So no pictures this time. Not sure if I have a rechargeable battery problem or an actual recharger issue? Noah has played with it so many times-it's possible. It feels like I always have low batteries, I'm really getting bugged by it. This morning there was this cool little orange dragonfly on the tomatoes. "Mom, quick, take a picture!" Sorry-dead batteries. I saw an ad for Eneloop-I'm curious about them. Anyway.....We celebrated Cody's birthday on Tuesday by having a BBQ with some of his friends. One family we've known since our days in Moscow. It was fun, we all had too much food and skipped cake and ice cream altogether. Lauren and Chloe were appalled-what is a b-day party without that!? Hard to believe we're both turning 30 this year. My Mom always says how she still feels so young and I'm starting to understand that a bit. How you maybe never feel quite as old as you are, which is a good thing I think.

Tomorrow the girls get to go in and meet their first grade teacher, Ms. Gill, fun times, they are so excited. I'm so glad that they are so inquisitive and passionate about life around them. Today it felt like the day of a thousand questions.
1-Mom, what did you do in first grade?
2-Mom, where does the water in the drain go?
3-Mom, could a dinosaur eat me in one bite?
4-Mom, can frogs see underwater?
5-Mom, how long will my hair be in one year?
6-Mom, how many quarters make three dollars?
It seriously went on all day long. They helped me defrost the freezer in the garage. We had a good discussion about the neutering and spaying of pets. Why it's important to animals, but not us humans :) Man, they are full of questions, the randomness cracks me up sometimes. I love them bunches. It will hard to see them head back to school. I'll miss gabbing all day long with them, won't miss the tattling though :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comments:

Lisa Huber August 17, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

I was smiling reading this entry ... Your girls are so cute and interested in everything around them. I can tell they love learning and finding out about new things just from the couple of times I've chatted with them. I am really looking forward to the school years ahead for my kids. Aren't we blessed to be Moms!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made