hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

lessons learned....

from our ant farm. Grandma Yost gave L & C an ant farm for Christmas last year. Apparently, they weren't the only kids who got one. Have you ever had ants on backorder?! Anyway, in May they finally arrived, in the meantime our farm had hosted something entirely different over the winter-mold. I tried to clean it out and dumped the vial of ants in. First off, only about one third of them were still alive. So I called the hotline. Yes, they would send more ants and yes, they would even send a new farm. The new farm was great, but alas, the ants did not fare well during the journey, over half of them were dead as I quickly dumped them in. So as I look as this neon green colony on my kitchen counter I have to admire those who are still going at it each day. They piled all their deceased friends in the corner and got to work. I didn't think I'd include a photo, it is quite a little graveyard, but it reminds me that when things maybe aren't going the best to pile all my troubles in the corner and get busy!

0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made