hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

a few somewhat related thoughts...




















I don't think I'm a person who lives in the past, but my memory is sure taken back by smells, old Bon Jovi songs, and today- recipes. I'm bringing Chocolate Revel Bars to a R.S. potluck tonight. They always remind me of my mom, I don't even remember her making them a lot, but I do think she likes them. Browsing through the cookie section were the Chocolate Crinkles I made for our wedding, then Cream Puffs. In college, Julia, an awesome Russian pianist used to bring them every Friday to our Piano Lit class. I don't know how she found the time, and we used to ask her just that, and always her reply was-"you have to take time for those things that you love." What a sweet lady. It's funny how routine works too, it seemed like I would be eating cream puffs every Friday at 1 p.m. for the rest of my life after doing it for four years. Now today, of course the routines have changed, 1 p.m. is now cleaning up the messy lunch dishes. Noah's routine is in mid-change right now. He can sometimes make it to the end of the day with one nap, and boy is he tired then. But other days it's just too long and he zonks out at the worst time-dinner (see above:) Then he's up entertaining us until about 10:30 or so. So, I guess I have to enjoy the good parts of my routine because it seems they change so fast!

2 comments:

Melissa June 21, 2007 at 2:52 PM  

Tanya, I sure do relate to smells taking me back, Certain perfumes always make me think of my grandma, and Vanilla Fields always reminds me of when Robert and I were dating, especially if I smell if in the fall season.
Noah is so darn CUTE! I love your layout as well. -Melissa

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM  

Good for people to know.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made