hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

thoughts from the day...


Noah has discovered his new best friend-the chair. Portable, pushable, and enabling him to reach any unreachable place. His favorite spot of late is the kitchen sink. He used to come up to me and say "see, see," so I would pick him up to see-I don't know-the dirty dishes? The bubbles? It must be the bubbles, he loves water and baths and will strip down to nothing but a smile if a bath is mentioned. Last night though, it was actually helpful for me, I got so much done in the way of dinner prep and kitchen chores while he stood happily playing in the water, occasionally telling me it was "hot Mom!" Such as big helper, maybe I'll have him trained to do dishes soon. A girl can always hope right?!
Here's a couple more pics of Lauren with Boozer-his official name- we can't change it since the girls always call him that. I'm pretty sure my next project will be a soft fleece bed for this little guy-the broken laundry basket isn't holding up and isn't very cute either. Not sure why his eyes look electric blue, but they truly are black. It's going to be an interesting summer, the two neighbors behind us have dogs, and one to the side has two small dogs. And on the other side-well she despises dogs. Already a lot of territorial barking going on. On a happy note, our cat finally came home yesterday, I gave in and let her hide out in the garage. I hope in time he and Boozer will become friendly with each other. I really relate to this cat, he's a bit more high strung than other cats I've known. He's not one to tolerate kids toting him around and being pushed around in the doll strollers-found that out the hard way. He likes his space and is independent, coming and going as he pleases. Anyway, we were all glad to see him come back. I felt a little guilty though taking in a dog and our poor kitty is freezing outside. (Oh-is it cold enough for everyone?) Hope he still loves us back!
So today as I was coming in through the front door there was a pile of DVD's in the planter poking out of the snow. I was hoping maybe it was a gift from our mailman or something fun, but upon closer examination there were a few other odd items in the mix- a ball, a Spiderman figure, a truck, and my favorite- three dirty socks. I knew Noah was the guilty party- too much randomness for L or C. And sure enough, tonight I heard the mail slot banging shut and had to retrieve some more toys from outside. Just glad I found them all before our R.S. Presidency Meeting tonight, a fun little welcome for guests :) Ah, all in a day's work!

2 comments:

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

We are always warmed when we view the Hansen blog! We truly love to see what everyone is up to. It's always entertaining :-) and brings back memories from the not so distant past. We surely love you all!

Grandma and Grandpa Yost

Sweet Pea January 24, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Wow... can't believe you finally gave in. :) Such a fun time though for kids, I always love our dogs growing up! (And then I had to come in and wash my hands!!) We went to McKees Pet store yesterday and just about walked out with a Pug puppy!! I can't go to that place without wanting a puppy. We could never have an indoor dog though so we would have to get something a little more resilient.

Anyways, so fun to catch up with you and your life through these blogs... I've got to start to be more faithful. Maybe when we're a bit more settled. We love and miss you guys... Hope you can make a weekend trip down and come stay with us sometime, I really would love that!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made