hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

a not so manic Monday...


For all the toys my kids have received throughout the years, I have to say that the dress up box has gotten the most use out of them all. This huge overflowing tote with anything and everything- ready to transform you into anything from a pirate, a princess, a pioneer, and yes- a tiger. I bought these Tigger costumes on Halloween clearance about 4 years ago and here you see Lauren still squeezing into it. I couldn't believe that Noah fit it as well! He was thrilled to be able to be a tiger next to his sister this morning. And yes, Lauren went straight to school after this fun picture. She had a bad headache last night and complained this morning of it hurting as well. Then she said, "Mom, I think I'm ready to go to school." Yes, definitely, when she's growling like a tiger and chasing around the house. I guess as mom I feel a little bit of sympathy. Sometimes it's nice just to have a morning to relax and get your bearings, and as long as my children are doing well in their classes, I guess that I cave and allow them some down time occasionally at home. I know there were days that I just needed a break from the hustle and bustle of public school, so maybe they have a little bit of me in them.

On a different note, I was saddened to hear of our dear prophet, President Hinckley's passing last night. However, what a glorious reunion and sight to behold in heaven about now. I truly loved him and stand in awe at all he accomplished and how he represented our church. He will be missed and remembered fondly I am sure. What a blessing to always have a prophet here on earth though!

1 comments:

Melissa January 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Hi, Tanya, I tag you for Twosies tag (see my blog) Thanks!!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made