hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

temples...





This morning I took the kids to the Rexburg temple open house. Cody had training at the last minute as wasn't able to go unfortunately. I felt just a teeny bit of guilt for taking L & C out of school, but it really was educational- with the exception of lunch at Pizza Hut I guess. So I did have them go until 9 am, then we headed out, had to stop twice for bathroom breaks. Twice! Rexburg is only 25 miles away, but when I complained I was told, "Mom, the school bathrooms in halls A and B were closed, we could only go in hall C!" We made it there with no time to spare. We met my brother Loren and his wife Carrie and went through with them. I think I enjoyed it so much since Loren carried Noah through the whole tour. (thank you thank you Loren :) I told him to pass him back when his arms started burning. Sweet little guy, he's going to be this huge toddler that still wants me to pack him around. He generally would rather be carried around most of the time. The tour wasn't totally lost on him, he spotted one picture and said his version of "Jesus." The temple was beautiful, but I didn't expect anything less. I especially loved the sealing rooms, they had these crystal sconces on the walls that matched the chandeliers, very nice. L & C had been to the Newport Beach temple open house, but they were four, so this one will probably be a bit more memorable. Much warmer that day, I had to post a picture. Lauren put it best when she said she felt spoiled to live here :) I too feel spoiled to live in such a wonderful place so close to two temples, how lucky we are!

2 comments:

Melissa January 15, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

how exciting, we go on the 24th. We are pulling the kids out of school as well. I don't think I feel any guilt at all, Just excitment for the kids to see it.Maybe you will be able to comandeer tickets again and go with Cody on a date! take care.

Anonymous January 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

I am a bit slow at writing, but your experience here wasn't lost on me. I am so glad you went to the temple together. What a wonderful thing to share. The chandeliers and the light were my favorite part. I went a few days ago with Myrna. We both wanted to just sit there in the Celestial Room for an indefinite amount of time. We are blessed to be here aren't we Lauren?

Love you all,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made