hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

three piles-trash, storage, D.I.....

Anybody else feel like turning their house upside down, shaking out the contents and then putting it back together?! One room at a time right? Something about the new year bringing out my neat freak side.
I haven't been feeling like blogging lately, just other things I'd rather or have to be doing. It feels like we've been getting so much snow, maybe it's just not melting fast enough for me. Another good thing I loved about the Pacific northwest, the snow usually melts the day it falls. So it really cheered me up this morning to walk into my kitchen and see my geranium had flowered in January. Amazing little plants, I think I'll keep them indoors every winter. Chloe and I decided we were ready for spring, could be a long rest of the winter. I just finished another project, my temple garment bag. It turned out just how I wanted, but the fabric was thick and kind of a pain to work on. My goal for this year is to go to a Saturday morning session every week. As the sad story goes, I lost my clothes somewhere in our move from California and have missed them immensely. It is wonderful to live so close and be able to get there in 5 minutes, what a huge blessing for me!
I've been de-junking and organizing. It seems like a constant process with kids and when I get in the groove I tend to throw out a lot of stuff. I have learned the hard way with toys, so I just box them up rather than ship them off to D.I. I am happy to see the Littlest Pet Shop toys littering the floor every day because they have gladly taken the place of the teeny tiny other dolls and toys L& C played with. I have some scrapbook projects to do and I finally spent an entire evening organizing and donating a bunch of out-dated paper and things I would probably never use. Certainly not my ribbon though, can't get enough of that :) I think it will motivate me to get in there and get things done, until it gets cluttered again. Such is life...I have been rather busy with my new calling as R.S. secretary, but a good kind of busy, I like getting to know the sweet older sisters and visiting the new ones. It makes me wonder what I'll be like as an older lady, probably a lot the same, just a bit more wrinkly around the edges. Until next time...



1 comments:

Melissa January 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

I love your projects. The way you hung your ribbon is a good idea. I need to remember that one. I am so dejunking this month. I have already moved things around. And now I am de-cluttering. It will take some more work though.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made