hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

top readers...



Lauren and Chloe are really enjoying school here at North Gem Elementary. I guess all my worries were unfounded, thank goodness. They have P.E. twice a week instead of once. The music class teaches general music, then strings and guitar for the latter part of the year. Pretty cool, I'm of course happy about that.

Today they burst through the door with these huge lollipops. Noah promptly burst into tears, since he didn't have one. They earned them for reading, an incentive. And to think all we had was Book It- free Pizza Hut pizzas. Did anyone else have that program? I used to love those personal pan pizzas. Probably since we didn't eat out often, much like my life now- again- no good restaurants in the vicinity. But the good people make up for it I suppose. And the bugs- TONS of bugs in this house. I can handle regular house bugs, but this daily killing of brown spiders on the stairs has got to stop soon. And all these walks with my Mom after the kidlets are in bed- so worth it- so fun to live THAT close. Still wishing I could just jet to the fabric store for a morning though- what is my deal?! I have some windows that need some lovely fabric- more on that later. Have a wonderful week...

2 comments:

Kristy September 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

That little Ivy is a doll!!! Tanya, I LOVE the quilt! How beautiful! I'm making my first quilt too, it IS fun. I'm glad you are all enjoying Bancroft, minus the spiders-eek! No school on Fridays is awesome!

Ila September 15, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Wow Tanya! I can't believe you free motioned it! I am too afraid to try myself...good for you! I love the 30s fabrics too. Some of my favorite quilts I have made are with the older reproductions. Enjoy! It is addicting!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made