hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

baby love...



I made soup today for the first time in a long while, it feels good to wake up to a fall chill in the air and brew some tea. Last week was the first football game of Cody's season, they did well, hung in there until the last quarter or so. I feel badly I know so little about football, maybe I'd enjoy it more. I think I needed to play it to really understand it, too late for that.

But I think I do have another new hobby which I find far more stimulating than football- quilting. I am a novice in every sense of the word, I think I actually prefer the simpler patterns even. I've been itching to make something with vintage bed linens for a long while now. Just had other things on my plate- moving, school starting, music lessons...but it is amazing what you can accomplish when you can't run out every other morning and "run errands." (I think that was actually a cover for "shopping!") I finished binding this sweet little baby quilt today. I think I may have to do a twin sized one with a sham when Ivy moves to a real bed. I'm most excited that its possible and completely doable to free motion quilt on the machine and get that timeless crinkley look that I love so much. It was fun to do and I'm afraid I might be addicted, but there could be worse addictions right?! Fabric has always been a weak point in general. I've got some fleece Christmas projects in the works too. So when the day is done you just may find me in the basement sewing with the spiders :) Happy weekend- ours starts tomorrow. I'm adjusting REALLY quickly to no school on Fridays!

Opinions? Do you think it needs more color? Solid strips of fabric between all the squares? It was mostly a trial run, so I wasn't too particular about what patterns went where.

2 comments:

Cheryl September 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

That is a beautiful quilt Tanya! We had a lady in our ward who taught quilting a few years ago, and I quickly fell in love with it too. I love the vintage sheets, and I am amazed with your home machine quilting job.

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

It would be fun to experiment with different colors on the quilt. I think you should keep practiced up...you did an amazing job for the first time!

love,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made