hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

the MOVE...





Well, on August 15th we packed up and moved out. It took the better part of the day, a huge thanks to those that were able to help pack and watch our kids, we truly appreciated it. I've been going through internet withdrawals, the computer was about the last thing to be set up, not sure why. I guess it's good for us to remember life before Google was around. I am very grateful for it here in Bancroft though. I feel a bit isolated from the 'real' world, maybe that's a good thing :) We've loved seeing family almost everyday. Sunday BBQs, evening walks, combine rides for Noah, it's been fantastic being so close. This rental is starting to feel like home. Three things I love about it are the old doors, the beadboard on the walls, and the AWESOME staircase that Loren and Dad built.

In July we walked through the house and it was in poor shape. Broken pink countertops in the kitchen, green backsplash. An old stove and brown paneling everywhere. But perhaps the most unappealing part was the access to the upper bedrooms where Lauren and Chloe would be sharing the space. In the closet of Ivy's room was a ladder, seriously Little House on the Prarie style, to climb up. For two weeks Cody, Dad, and Loren worked SO hard at making it a livable place for our family. The bathroom, kitchen, painting, new flooring, they made it wonderful. I was so tired, but so pleased when I walked in last Saturday, they did amazing work! They built the spiral staircase so that anyone can safely go up and down. I can even manage with a laundry basket. I'm so thankful we found a home that fits our family's needs. I haven't talked to too many people yet. I think the only social outlet is church and we haven't gotten there yet. I love that the kids can go anywhere and feel safe, that Noah and I can walk down the middle of the road to go get the mail, and how quiet and peaceful it is. Maybe my small town girl has just been in remission for a few years. Either way, we're adjusting...Cody is loving his job teaching the kids and coaching football right now. He walks to work and is home by 6:30 each night which we LOVE! I think he's found his dream job- finally :)

4 comments:

Melissa August 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

what a blessing! Congratulations on the happy, successful move.

Andi August 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

The new home looks lovely - want to see more pictures! We sure miss you guys, but glad to hear all is well!

Cheryl August 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

It looks so cozy, you've got a great sense of style.

Carla August 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Call me sometime. I am in the same boat. We sold the house and are temporarily living with Josh's parents in Rockland. Don't call me a traitor. I already got that from your Aunt Sherry. Their house number is 548-2322 or my cell is 221-8032.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made