hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

goodbyes...


Looking back a little over a year found me blogging about his little fella.
You may recall reading this post- what a sham :) He lasted about three months at our house. When we started remodeling and I discovered I was pregnant with Ivy we decided to let him reside at my mother-in-law's home. The kids could still visit him and he would have plenty of room to run in the country.

Sadly enough, the story doesn't end happily. Our cute Boozer was hit by a car the beginning of this month and was killed. Yes, I immediately went on several extended guilt trips. What ifs flooding my mind. Lauren and Chloe started to cry when I told them and they've quietly dealt with it in their own ways. It will probably be harder once we actually are at her home and Boozer is missing. Anyway, Boozer was really Noah's dog. When the girls were at school he always hung out with him. He pretends to be various things during the day- Spiderman, Tigress (Kung Fu Panda), and Boozer. How do you tell your two year old that his dog is gone? I missed that day in Parenting 101, along with some other days I'm quite sure. I opted not to tell him for a while, but everytime he'd pretend we'd all be reminded of what we knew and he didn't. So finally one night I said, "Noah, Boozer has gone to live in heaven, he's not at Grandma Maxwells anymore." Heaven- such an abstract concept for him. His reply was "Boozer lives with Jesus?" I guess so, what would heaven be without pets that have been loved and lost. Strangely enough, there has been no more talk and pretending to be Boozer. Rest in peace little guy. I'm sure he's somewhere licking faces and jumping all over the place.

1 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost February 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Sad! Poor lil guy, i'm glad everyone is taking it ok.
I often think what if our cat got hit by a car and i would be very sad... tears for sure!
I hope there is a heaven for animal!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made