hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

sibling love...


Trying to get some pictures of Noah holding Ivy, what you can't see is my hand supporting her. She was too much weight for Noah and kept slowly sliding to the bed. Plus Noah's got this fake smile happening lately with pictures. I think these two look like brother and sister, although their eye colors really differ at this point. Still hoping when I look into Ivy's eyes that they'll stay that soft blue color.

At some point in my day I think it sure would be nice to just be me, no kids to tote doing errands and shopping. Time to cook a real meal or actually vacuum. That seems to be something I hardly do at all since it's so loud and obnoxious and Ivy's either with me or sleeping. But then when the three of us lay down after lunch and read with Noah I sneak out after snoozing for a minute or 20 and look at those two little angels snuggled and peaceful on the bed and wish I could freeze time and have them here always. Because I know they'll be a day when my house is empty and quiet and I don't trip on toys and constantly tidy up and I'll probably shed a tear or two.

So I guess it's all about enjoying the here and now and living in the present. How I love these two! I can't wait until they can play together, Noah's such a great brother already!

4 comments:

Andi February 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Aw, those two are so sweet. Tanya, you are a great writer. You have beautifully captured the way I think most moms feel in the chaotic moments, and the quiet ones. I'm fighting tears now, thinking of the days when my house is empty.

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

I didn't realize just HOW MUCH those two look alike until just now! I agree with you, just last night I went and put Tayler down (for the third time) and just laid with her. I cannot believe how incredible fast she is maturing and growing... makes me sick to think how fast it's going and I wonder if I'm really getting all the joy out of each moment with these kiddos. Carrie

idahohubers February 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

They do look alike. Noah is a cutie and growing so fast, they both are! I agree with the enjoying here and now - time seems to go by faster and faster these days!

Kristy February 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Your kids are so cute, Ivy is getting big! I agree, we need to appreciate everything that comes with having little kids. One day it will be gone. Thanks for reminding me of this!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made