hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

a new routine...

Ah, summertime, weeding the garden in your pajamas, eating watermelon off the rind, washing the car in the driveway, slip n slide in the backyard, and evening walks...
Wow, is anyone reeling from the shock that it's July ALREADY?!
This summer is flying by for me. We've been busy, but in a low-key fun kind of way. The girls finished two weeks of swim lessons and loved it. They did well considering it was a catch-up year since I dropped the ball last summer and we didn't enroll. They can swim a short distance now and hopefully that will improve this summer. We're actually going to try to go to the pool more often, lessons probably don't help much if you don't swim until next year's lesson :) Noah has an o.k. time at the pool, he preferred the beach area in Blackfoot with the sand and bugs though. He scraped his toe and knee falling right on the NO RUNNING sign painted on the concrete, fell down right on the 'N'!

Cody enjoyed his annual fishing trip with some mission buddies last week. I guess the fishing wasn't too great, he spent it mostly visiting our families.
I've been busy watering, feeding, washing, painting, driving, all things garden and kids. We sold and bought a new refrigerator, that completely made my day. Our old one which came with the house, leaked inside and out and periodically froze all produce inside, so annoying. I'm enjoying this spacious new one, plus it has a light that works, never knew what I was missing! I only have a few pairs of capris that are working for me right now, I'm a little sad that I won't be wearing any of my summer bottoms, but I'm getting over it. It feels like I just popped out that the last couple weeks or so. Fun times, it's a different perspective knowing this will probably be my last pregnancy. I'm enjoying the journey more. Well, wishing all of you a very happy and safe 4th of July. We'll be in Bancroft, Soda Springs, and back here for the fireworks of course. To me, summer has arrived when the 4th of July is here!

1 comments:

Jeff and Angela Boyle July 10, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

summer is going VERY fast - I agree. Love the watermelon! It's good to see your cute fam! I think I invited you to our blog once, but it told me that it was a wrong address - send me your blogger email to my email and i'll send you another invite - angboyle@hotmail.com

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made