hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

4th of July fun...

We hit the parade in Soda Springs Idaho, close to my parents home this year. Cody and I grew up with small town parades and I have memories of the front seat of my Grandma's Buick overflowing with parade candy. So, needless to say, we were a little disappointed in the parade here in Idaho Falls last year. It was so long and hot and NO candy, what's a parade without candy? A poor one right?! We do have lots of beautiful floats though.
Anyway, this was a fun one, not too long and the kids had a good time scrambling for treats. I thought the otter pops were a pretty good idea, until I realized that between them hitting the pavement and the plastic candy bags dragging on the road they had left multi-colored puddles all over the van seats, not so happy about that. We'll know next time...
We watched Cody and Loren play in a 3 on3 basketball tournament. It turned into a bit of a long afternoon, but it wasn't terribly hot. Noah was exhausted, I'm a stickler for naps, regular and long, and when he gets grouchy it's hard for me not to :) It was a fun day, Noah's still talking about the loud fire engines, made quite an impression. He was too wiped out to see the fireworks once we got back home though. I was too, but I went to the school with the girls and enjoyed them, what a show, has to last us until next year! Happy birthday America!


2 comments:

: ) Paula July 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Hey Tanya, I happened across your blog and was excited to see all the fun you've been having this summer. Your girls have gotten so tall since Moscow! I miss you guys.

Anonymous August 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Great post! I am finally checking these out. So fun to think about all the fun we had!
Love,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made