hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

wedding weekend...


Well, I can't speak for the rest of the Hansen clan, but I had a fantastic weekend. Actually, I think I can speak for them in saying that only when Dad watches them do they get to watch TWO movies in one day and eat ice cream and Cheetos (on the couch-the girls made sure not to leave out the important details!) Now I know all his secrets. I think he also had a BBQ or Man-a Q was the term he used with a few buddies. I always know my little ones are in good hands, even if those hands are covered in orange cheese, so thanks to Cody for being a good sport!
My cousin Amy who lives in Boise was married outside of Sun Valley. It was a beautiful location and drive there. She came down the mountain where we were all seated, having hiked in a little bit, in a wagon. The backdrop was lovely as you can see. While I'm more of a temple girl myself, it was neat how well everything reflected she and Ron's personalities. My Mom and I played around in Sun Valley and passed by the $1300 Dolce and Gabbana dresses for the local thrift store. We got to visit with cousins, aunts, uncles who I hadn't seen for quite awhile. Shay and Steve were there which was fun too. We stayed Saturday night in Twin Falls and went to a random ward in to morning. So crazy, I ran into a family who lived just around the corner from us in Moscow, such a small world. It was a fun getaway, really recharged me for a few days anyway!
Still painting here on the homefront, the shower is being tiled this week, and we ripped up some carpet yesterday upstairs, exposing great hardwood floors underneath, just gotta scrape all the paint off around the baseboards. I love hardwood floors and they are much easier with kids, mud, food, everything. We'll probably just have one piece of new carpet put in upstairs in the piano room and leave the rest hardwood and rugs.
I think I'm off to dig out my food dehydrator and dry some herbs before some of the plants go to seed. Some are just getting to big. I can't wait till the raspberries come on! Have a happy afternoon!

2 comments:

idahohubers July 17, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

How fun to get away from the everyday. I love weddings and this one looks beautiful. You could have tried on the $1300 dresses and told them you had to think about it! Years ago I saw this HUGE diamond ring and asked to try it on. Then I ask how much it was and the guy says $20,000 or something like that!

Anonymous August 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

This was so fun Tan! Next time we'll stay an extra day and go to the Twin Falls Temple. This just means we have to do it again.

Love,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made