hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

new eyes...

























One of my favorite quotes of all time since college has been by Marcel Proust- "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” Life sometimes seems to really be a lot of the same tasks and routines and finding new and fresh views keep it much more interesting! My children are constantly giving me 'new eyes.' It's a toss-up at the moment, but I think the nethermost regions of our backyard are perhaps the worst looking part of our home. We yanked out a bunch of shrubs last year and have not placed sod there yet. I look out the window and all I see are the terribly overgrown weeds about to go to seed and the huge hole that needs dirt. My kids however always play back there. It's been a campground for pioneers, a jungle with wild beasts, and the favorite-yet messiest is the pit filled with water-a giant stew. Most recently these plentiful milkweeds have gone to seed. Noah was fascinated when Lauren showed him how to blow them. And so while it may be a few years off until I have a weedless backyard and beautiful plants, hopefully the kids will remember all the fun they imagined and in the meantime maybe I can see a little bit of what they so easily see-fun!

0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made