hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

memorial day...

Among other memories of this day, it ALWAYS seemed to either be very cold, rainy, or both. Growing up we always had relatives in town and went to the cemeteries to put flowers on the graves. I'm missing that today, kind of wish I was in Bancroft. I was going to plant the garden this afternoon, glad I opted to do it this morning, even though I had three helpers :) Two really are helpers at this point. I got everything in except the greens, lettuce, spinach, chard, all that before it started to rain. We're supposed to have rain all week, the girls are going crazy, they just want to be outside all the time.
Going into the bathroom last night I found this little list Lauren had made, ah, the life of a seven year old!

7:00 wakeup
8:00 eat brekfest
8:30 do hair
9:00 get dressed
9:30 play with Noah (how nice, too bad he only gets ten minutes :)
9:40 go outside
10:00 eat lunch
11:00 get sun loisun on (sunscreen-yeah I'm one of THOSE moms)
11:30 get shoes on
12:00 play with Jenna (a neighborhood friend)
12:30 go outside
1:00 Jenna go home
1:30 watch tv
3:00 snack in room
6:00 dinner

Not bad, putting shoes on by 11:30 is pretty optimistic! L & C planted a few pole beans, sunflowers, and zinnias by the fence where nothing is really growing right now. I hope for their sakes that they grow, that would be fun for them. We're off this afternoon to hopefully hit some sales and get our carpet and paint picked out. Hooray, I'm a little on the indecisive side so thankfully Cody is coming, although, last night looking at Behr's site, he wasn't bunches of help. The site is pretty neat though, if nothing else, just to see which colors look good together for the decoratively impaired people like me. After looking at several shades of beige he finally admitted they all looked the same, nice. I think we're going pretty neutral with the walls. I'll save the color for pillows and accessories. Although my sewing and laundry room I'm looking at some soft yellow shades, we'll see what we come home with, so many choices. Hope everyone has a good Monday, holed up out of the rain!

1 comments:

Anonymous May 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Tanya-
I really missed having you and your family here for Memorial Day. It wasn't the same. We maybe will have to have a change of plans next year:)
It's nice to see another list maker in the family. I was interested to see that it takes Lauren 30 minutes to get the sun screen on. It feels that way to me...that is probably why I don't wear it like I should. Will be calling....
Love,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made