hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Can you do this?


















I can't, but I know why they can. When Cody and I were dating a billion years ago we went to a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Jackson Hole. It was pretty interesting, one of the exhibits had some mirrors with some pictures of different ways to contort your tongue. I thought I remembered reading that this trick L & C are doing was rare, do you know anyone that can do it? Anyway, while at the museum I discovered Cody could do it as well. It was then I knew he'd be an excellent kisser and I should marry him :) While reading together a few nights ago Lauren leaned over and said "Look at this Mom!" Pretty cool, they didn't get their talent from me!

In other news round these parts, the majority of our basement is torn apart. Debris as high as the washer, boxes stacked in all the available corners, 30 feet of wall gone. I made the executive decision not to post any pictures until AFTER the whole ordeal is over and I have beautiful newly painted walls and carpet. Then you can compare the horrifying before with the glorious after. When? That is the question of the day. Actually the demo has gone quite fast and we have guys lined up to put in walls tomorrow. BMC delivered some wood and other stuff which I'm clueless about in the garage today. I guess our thinking was to get the basement ready for sheet rock, taping, and texturing at the same time as the bathroom and get it all done at once. A bit overwhelming for a neat freak such as myself, but when I look at it now, I know we've gone way past the point of return, so push forward with faith I suppose. It will make the basement feel more like an extension of our home rather than a duplex beneath us.

Gearing up for Mother's Day and Noah's second birthday. The little guy does get a bit spoiled, that's what happens when your birthday doesn't land near a major holiday I guess. I picked up a rug from Home Depot that you can drive cars on, I always thought those were the coolest, hope he likes it. I saw all the herbs and tomatoes while shopping today and really wanted to buy some, but it still seems a bit early. I can't wait to get things in the ground though. I have a killer batch of compost that's been cooking all winter, plus it helps to have one year of gardening here already past to know where certain plants might do better in areas of our garden. Well, happy weekend and Cinco de Mayo everyone. Go get some chips and salsa!

3 comments:

idahohubers May 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Wow, what a project! I can't wait to see it. I'm impressed with the curling ability of your girls. I don't actually know anyone who can do that. I loved reading your 100 things by the way!

Sweet Pea May 4, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

That's really funny that your girls can do that too! I can do it with my tongue, but have found few others that have been able to! I'm excited to see you all on Sunday!!! Take care!

Aaron May 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Hi Hansen Family!!! I saw your link on the Boyles and thought I would see what you are up to these days. Your girls look so grown up and you have a two year old boy now? Is it possible that so much time has passed since we were in our little student ward together? I guess so. If you are interested in our happenings check out our blog at aaronalita.blogspot.com

Catch ya later!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made