hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

in Noah's words "crash boom!"

Well, a bunch of photos here. L & C went to a classmate's birthday party on Saturday. It was quite the affair, they went to the museum and saw the new Eygptian exhibit which was interesting. The favorite spot was the kids room, even Noah loved it. Then we all trooped across town to Game World. The mecca of all things kid-ish. You know all the flashing, electronic games and pizza. It did have air hockey and a playground too. I even let Noah ride all the bucking, rocking, noisy coin rides. By far the best thing were the bumper cars. The girls had never been in them and LOVED it! I think I see a trip to Lagoon this summer in our future. I think they're getting to the age to really enjoy all those older sort of rides. I was so worn out that night! Just keeping track of my kids in the place was exhausting, but we all had fun.

Finally, the last two hideous pictures are of our downstairs bathroom, (gasp!) We went from a 4 bedroom 2 bath home to 4 bedroom 1 bath home in one day, yikes, I can only hope that it will come back together nearly as quickly. Yes, we are slowly going to start updating and remodeling a bit, beginning with the bathrooms. They are by far in the worst shape, both structurally and visually. Seriously, how many of you can say you have a baby blue bathtub? Or the tile that sticks to your feet when you walk across the floor-it's time. Cody tore out all the shower tile and the vanity. That's the huge mass you see in the center. The last picture is where a cabinet used to be. We (Cody-who are we kidding) tore it out since the storage will be replaced in a new longer vanity, with the hopes of making the room look bigger. I'm sure all you bloglings are so interested in all of this, but it may be a topic of frequent conversation here I'm afraid for a while. It's amazing what three demolition tools and a bit of testosterone can accomplish in one day! Show me a man who doesn't like demo work!? It's scary since we're all new at this, but I'm ready for a change and excited for the end result!

Noah stacks up buckets in the kitchen knocking them over and yelling "crash boom!" After watching Cody a little bit he came upstairs and immediately begin hitting the wall with his favorite screwdriver. Uh oh, gone is my little fix-it man. I gotta get him in on the RE-construction!



3 comments:

idahohubers March 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Wow, you've taken on a big project. I think it took us way too long to finish our bathroom remodel - 7 months. Still there are a few finish details that we haven't done. We did learn a few things on the way and it was fun to tile the shower and floor together. The end result is VERY worth the effort. Good luck!

Sweet Pea March 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Man, that is something I would never take on by myself... or would I let Loren get at it like that. :) I guess I just grew up in a "hire out" home because my dad didn't do a lot of this kind of stuff... I would be too scared to take it on. I hope it goes well for you though! Have a great Easter and we wish we could get together with everyone next Monday. Hope we'll see you soon!

Anonymous March 22, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

This looks great!! I love to see things demolished because of what the end result can be. We have total confidence in you remodelers :-) We're (well, dad, anyway) are only a call away if you need us.
Love,
mom

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made