hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

pucker up...

I can't believe it's Easter in two weeks and I'm still wearing a scarf and buying ice melt! Ahh, this winter has dragged on...but when Chloe asked me what I like about winter-her answer by the way was "nothing." I couldn't even get her excited with sledding and hot chocolate. But I love how I can hole up inside on a cold winter's night and sew or do inside crafts when in July I'd probably be out turning my compost :) So I took three children to Joann's today to pick out fabric for Easter dresses. Not Noah, just the girls in case you were confused. Ideally I like to go to the fabric store ALONE, but sometimes it can't be helped. The girls are huge helpers now and Noah saw the whole store nearly 5 times as they pushed him around. Lauren and Chloe picked some cute fabrics and now comes the fun. I'm using the skirt pictured on the big girl and the top/jacket on the smaller girl. I remember all my homemade dresses and how much I loved them. I also clearly remember the last dress my Mom made after I told her home sewn dresses were not so cool anymore. I'm getting a little misty-eyed thinking of that day in the future, maybe it won't ever come, that would be fine with me. Better yet, maybe they'll be into sewing their own clothing by then.

Another trip down memory lane this afternoon when I let Chloe use my cell phone to call a school friend. Does that look like a peek into the future or what!?! Was it seriously 15 years ago I sat on my parents bed talking on the phone. Must be the quiet solitude of mom and dad's bedroom, especially when boys are involved. Gratefully though today the topic of conversation was how the desks were arranged at school. Oh, let these days of seven year oldness stay!

Just a quick picture of Noah and Cody. Noah loves to give huge wet, sloppy, open mouthed kisses. Luckily for Cody he had his mouth closed for this one. We just have to be sure there isn't food or boogers on his face. Who can't love that though? Happy weekend to all!

2 comments:

idahohubers March 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

I'll keep an eye out for the new dresses - the pattern is really cute. My mom used to make our shorts and I hated it! Now I see the love she put in, but at the time they were so un-cool.

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost March 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

did you make that bed spread in your room that Chloe is layin on? I like it!! Cute pics sis... love readin your updates!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made