hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

what happens when...



you get out of church at noon you ask? You get kids making life-size Lego towers in your basement all afternoon. "Hurry MOM, take the picture, it's going to fall!" I had to keep coming in for them to measure if it was actually as tall as me. Well, I'm actually liking the early church schedule, besides having early meetings and trying to get out the door on time I do like getting home at noon. What else happens... we have time to make scones with Dad, a family favorite, especially since he cooks them. We have time to have family home evening and play three SORRY games- an L & C favorite, play until they win, that's their motto. Cody has time to tinker with one of Noah's electronic dinosaurs, manage to drop the parts in the garbage disposal without knowing it, leaving it to jam when I turn it on, ugh. He better have time this week to fix it! It's amazing how I survived 5 years without one of those little gadgets! And a dishwasher! We had some ancient student apartments in college. Maybe that helps me appreciate the little things, like not having your laundry area in your kitchen or your computer under the stairs- I digress. I do love my home, it's cozy, warm, mostly clean :) and has many conveniences I like. I did miss my disposal tonight though!

Well, not too much other news, gearing up for Valentine's day. Last year I totally missed the boat and all the Valentine's were sold out when Lauren and Chloe needed some. So I wasted no time picking some up this year. Not sure why I bought the candy 12 days before the actual holiday because of course it's already open and being enjoyed, not by the classmates of L & C though, so that means I'll probably be buying more. I am excited for these little towels and spatulas. So if you are a mum or sis you can expect to get a sweet little package next week. Before you think I'm all creative and stuff I copied the idea from another blog, is there a name for that- bloglifting? I don't know, they were fun to make though. So ladies, sorry to spoil the surprise, I just thought they were too cute. What other holiday can you find spatulas with hearts on them? Makes me smile!

1 comments:

idahohubers February 4, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

I love the early church too although my sunday wasn't nearly as productive as yours! The towels are super cute...hmmm I think I know where you saw that. I love finding ideas on blogs.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made