hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

I'm so glad when daddy comes home...



I can guarantee that the three kiddos don't sit on the couch anxiously awaiting MY return from anywhere. Although I'm loved, it's a different kind of thing than they have with their Dad. I love to see it! It was a rare picture that for once wasn't staged or planned. The three of them perched on the couch just seemed to perfect to me.

I've had constant deja vu these last few weeks as Noah grows older and is talking more. You see, it's been a few years since Cody would drop to his knees and become the "horse." Something you only do for your children :) Now instead of the girls it's Noah getting trotted off to bed. Also, it escaped me as to what amazing memories these little ones develop. Or maybe it's just those all important and favorite things stick in their heads. I'm proud to say that Noah shares my love for chocolate soymilk and after we drank it up I heard for days - "cha- all gone, cha all-gone." Cha- his word for anything brown that resembles chocolate, afraid he did inherit that from me. Noah has a small obsession with Elmo also. He has a favorite video that he watches-maybe too much, or maybe he just has a great memory- my vote is with the memory. Anyway, the fantastic Sheryl Crow makes an appearance as a letter singing her own Sesame St. version of Soak up the Sun. So as we are driving out and about one day it comes on the radio and he notices and starts singing- as only a one year old can- his own version- good enough though that I knew he'd made the connection. Funny, maybe a little less Elmo 'round these parts?!

And finally the driveway picture tells me two things- the snow is slowly melting today- hooray! And the second- love is in the air. Chloe called me into the room telling me their was a heart in the driveway and sure enough there was. Kind of like seeing the elephant in the clouds I guess. That's what I love about my girls, they always see those little things that I miss that make me smile. Happy Valentine's Day, proof you can find love wherever you're looking!

1 comments:

Ball of Fire February 17, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

We just love your blog!
We read it as often as we are on ours. Keep up the hillarious stories!
The Duponts

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made