hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

the little things...

that I love. I've found that waiting and wishing for the big things in life sometimes takes too long or leaves you disappointed, so I'm all about enjoying the small things along the way. Sounds cliche, but it really helps. I have long been a huge fan of Burt's Bees products. I love their facial moisturizers mostly, but this week discovered this little beauty. Smells nice, feels nicer, and looks natural. I always feel a bit overdone with most lip glosses- you know that shade of pink that resembles no one's real lip color. Hooray Burt's, you made my day- again!

Lauren discovered a dry erase board I had stashed away somewhere and began leaving me little notes on it before she left for school. Of all the things she could draw and all the people she could write a note too-she chooses me. I told her last night to pinkie-promise (the true sign of a serious oath) me that even when she was older we would be great friends. Her reply was "Mom, of course, we'll always be the bestest of friends!" I hope so, even when she's a teenager and I'm not the fun, cool mom I was when she was seven. It's not easy being seven though I must add. The poor gal came home today with a huge bruise on her arm. A second grade boy grabbed her coat which came off and hit her with a stick. And there was the name calling and such. Apparently, a group of girls were making snowballs and it bothered this boy. It sure pulls at your heart when your daughter tearfully says, "Mom, I had a really bad day at school." I just want to pull her onto my lap and keep her safe in our home for a long time. I guess that's part of life, learning to deal with psychotic second grade boys- or boys in general :) But then hopefully those pesky boys grow up to be kind and thoughtful husbands and dads- we hope anyway~!

0 comments:

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made