hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Thanksgiving and more...





I was not ready for this last weekend to end. As much as I love Christmas, December just seems like one busy whirlwind. We went down to Bancroft to be with family, it was relaxing and fun to visit. A couple of my fave pictures were Lauren and Chloe eating an entire turkey drumstick and really nothing else on their plates. Oh, and plenty of pie, they always save room for that. Here's my cute sis Shay reading to Noah and cousin Tayler. We got to see everyone but Landon and Lina-missed you guys! Thank goodness for Christmas... uh, speaking of which-I haven't been in the mood to shop at all, so unlike me I know. I've been doing some projects and gifts here at home, but just can't get motivated to go actually shop anywhere. Part of the problem is ideas-please someone spur me on-tell me how much fun it is to browse in December-ha- I don't believe you. Is it just me or are the crowds already out in force?! I'll get there, it's just taking a longer this year. But I am excited, the girls begged to put up all the decor on Saturday, it is the earliest I've ever put up the tree, it was fun. I've really been loving the XM radio stations that play Christmas music round the clock. I was wondering how Noah would do with the tree, he loves it. We had it all decorated and lit up when he wandered upstairs, he was so excited. I loved seeing his little face light up. "Tee, tee!" He's only destroyed one ornament so far, a small beaded candy cane from the kindergarten days-we have plenty more though. :) A friend returned this clown wig today after borrowing it for Halloween and Noah wore it most of the afternoon. He kept checking himself out in all the mirrors around the house, too funny. What really made me laugh was him dancing to the ring of my cell phone while wearing the wig- always making me smile! So thankful for all my family-near and far-this time of year.

1 comments:

Sweet Pea November 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM  

Hi Tan! I totally agree that Thanksgiving went too quickly! I also wanted to let you know that we got Lauren and Chloe some littlest pet shop toys. I don't know if you have already got them some, but if you haven't yet, let me know and I'll let you know which ones we got so we don't get the same ones:) Sure love you and it was so good to see you all again, even if it was such a brief visit!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made