hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

happy birthday Mom...


My Mom's birthday is tomorrow, and I just had to post to celebrate her and all she means to me. This post may wax sentimental-be prepared! I've always loved these pictures of she and I in 1980, wow, that was a long time ago. That's how I remember my Mom, getting up early in the morning, throwing on her old blue robe and cooking us a hot breakfast EVERY day before school. Reading to all of us on the couch before bedtime. Sewing me beautiful church dresses. And as I got older, taking walks to the cemetery, those hour long Sunday phone visits all through college. Now that I have my own kids, I know that it wasn't always easy and there were probably other things she could've found to do with her time. All in the name of love, serving your children brings love and joy. So today, a huge thanks to my Mom, who was able to so gracefully give me independence and a safe place to fall all at the same time. Happy birthday, I love you!

1 comments:

idahohubers November 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

Mom's are the best! Your mom sounds a lot like you. You really care for your kids and do special things for them. I laughed at your post about the beaters. Benjamin is always making "machines" and telling me how they work. My brother's wife will have their fist boy in April... He has 4 girls! I think they will enjoy the variety that a boy adds to the mix.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made