hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

mmm........



the peas are on.....
This year was our first "real" garden. I grew quite a bit in pots in Moscow, but it has been fun to plant in our own little plot. Everyone is enjoying snap peas here, nothing wrong with peas for dinner right?! They are tasty and just right for little hands to pick. Noah chews on them for a while then spits the whole wad out, good flavor but a little fibrous for him I think :) Cody and I are already talking about expanding the garden next year. I planted just a few square feet of snap peas. I would sure like more, and more beans, and more carrots, just more... Behind Noah is what is left of the spinach, lettuce, and swiss chard. So sad, the plants started drooping, I figured it was water, so I watered more. When I finally pulled one up the roots were nearly gone, stinkin' ants. I hate those bugs, they are everywhere, they got most of my beets too. So now there's some butternut squash growing there. Maybe next year I'll have some salad, anyone have ideas for ants? And I must say I was quite pessimistic about Cody's grown from seed tomatoes, they weren't hardened off slow enough and most of them bit the dust, but we have five plants that look awesome, I hope we get a ton of tomatoes. So fun!

1 comments:

idahohubers July 10, 2007 at 1:11 PM  

We ate peas out of our garden this morning - I planted less than you in my little garden and have had the best luck with my peas and zuch. My problem is weeds! I think I'll use new dirt next year instead of my tilled up formerly grassy area and see if that will help. Maybe I even need to make a stop at the dairy for some "nutrients". Ha, Ha, I can still picture you shovelling that into your van!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made