hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

happy pioneer day...



We spent the day in Bancroft, population 350- where Cody and I grew up, fun times. The 24th of July is the biggest day of the year there. Here Cody and I are holding our cheesy blue ribbons from the 5K race held that morning. We each placed first in our divisions, funny since Cody was the only one in his division. He did make good time though, I'm proud of his exercising efforts. I was first for the 5K walkers, no jogging for me this year. It was fun to participate together, it's been years since I was awarded a ribbon for anything! Check out those bags of candy, the parade goes around the route twice and always throws an obscene amount of candy, Lauren and Chloe loved it. It was fun to visit with Mom, Dad, and my cousin Connie from Utah. We took the boat out on Alexander Reservoir later that day. It was the first boat ride for L& C and Noah I guess, although he wasn't too thrilled, just interested in the motor of course.
So today, I am grateful for the new football coach at Century High School in Pocatello. As I was nearing the city I hit something and at the top of the hill my tire was deflated. I didn't have a phone and no one was stopping, so I started to walk to an exit (with my three children-surely I looked desperate :) He was so kind to stop and change my tire. I do know how to change a tire, but it's still a bit tricky and requires some good muscles. How glad I am that he stopped to help me. Now I have to remember to return the kindness to someone else in need, just as long as it doesn't involve a jack!

2 comments:

idahohubers July 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

Sounds like a fun time - even the flat was quite an adventure! I'm sure I would have cried at the thought of walking three kids up the highway! I am facinated with small town life - I have no reference for that. My graduating class was about 850 students and 2500 in our HS. I want to hear more stories from your HS days, I'm sure you have some interesting ones tucked away in your memory
:-)

Loren, Carrie, and Tayler July 26, 2007 at 10:21 PM  

C'mon Tan, you grew up on a farm and didn't change your own tire!! What a disgrace...j/k I sure wish we could've been there on the 24th to join you guys...good times. We sure love and miss you.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made