hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

projects...




It's that time of the night when all the kids are asleep, which is nearing 10:30 these days at our home, Ivy being the holdout. My body says, yes it's definitely time for bed, maybe an hour ago, and my mind starts racing with all the things I could-sans kids playing, yelling, nursing, whatever. I'm a selfish Mom in that regard, I love my children, but also love my alone time. Lately, against my better judgment I've been indulging and sewing at night. I've wanted to make an I spy bag for the longest time for the kids to use at church, we'll give it a trial run on Sunday and see if it was all I thought it would be. It was so fun collecting all the little gadgets I couldn't stop at one- see more here.
Then there are the dresses for Shay's wedding, the pictures don't really do it justice, the colors are much better in real life I think. I'd never made anything quite so fancy. Chloe said she felt like a princess, I figured that was a good thing. It always rejuvenates me to create something fun, even I feel super tired the next day. It's early to bed tonight!

5 comments:

Cheryl March 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

I agree, I love my kids too, but going to bed just isn't as inticing when the house is quiet and I finally have time to myself. Way to go for using that time for something productive. The dresses look beautiful!

idahohubers March 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

I envy your sewing desire and ability! I'm good at sewing straight. The dresses are beautiful! I love everything about them.

Loren, Carrie, and Tayler March 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

That thing you made, (forgot what you called it) is awesome Tan! That'll bring countless hours of entertainment to Tayler during church I'm sure. Thanks

Kristy March 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I've wanted to make an I Spy bag for a while, I think they are soooo cute! Way to go! Beautiful dresses too, the wedding is coming up soon, isn't it. Time flies!

Ball of Fire March 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

I was just saying to someone the other day how seamstresses are a dying breed...so sad. BUT you have out done yourself this time...beautiful dress...I envy you, Im a straight stitch girl.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made