hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

bits and pieces...





Just a few more pictures, I'm thinking I need to take more of Ivy with the other kids, pictures are something I often forget to take in the daily ins and outs of life. I can't say my kids have ever been huge vegetable lovers, but they're pretty good about eating most of them. Lately Noah has been on a "brocky soup" jag. Can a two year old have a broccoli soup jag? Anyway, he loves it, must be the tons of cheddar cheese, we seem to go through a lot of that at our house. Today he pulled out the broccoli from the fridge and requested we make some for lunch. I had to capture him pretending they were trees and taking a bite, even though most of those raw bites ended up in the trash. And since Ivy was actually taking a morning nap I indulged him, because the truth is I love it too. Some batches are better than others since it always seems to be different each time I make it. I'll be sad when soup-making weather is over, but was actually glad to look out the window and see the mud of the garden and last year's spinach which never got tended to. But our yard spells one word- work- all of the crabapples and leaves from two trees rotting and damp on the grass. Mmm spring, mud everywhere, I'm so glad it's here, really truly I am. I think having a baby and the cold really made me hole up more than usual and it was fabulous to take a walk outside on Saturday. I needed pictures of that since it was Ivy's first stroller excursion and she seemed to love it. What kid doesn't love the stroller outside? None of mine, hooray for melting snow!

1 comments:

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Oh Noah, my little man! I would love to eat brocky soup anytime with you. What a great brother you are!!
love,
grandma

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made