hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

play day...


Two years ago when I had piano students in festival, Lauren and Chloe asked if I could get them a ribbon. my response was, no you have to earn those ribbons. Well, yesterday they did. They both completed their first festival which included playing two memorized pieces with scales and cadences.

I think it's fair to say they were a bit nervous. "Mom, what if I get a zero?!" You receive a score- up to 100 and comments from a judge. I really like it since it challenges students, but you're only competing against yourself. I assured them they were well-prepared and would do awesome, and awesome they did. They both got perfect 100s! Much thanks to their wonderful teacher, Rachel Stanley. It was so exciting to see Chloe running into the house telling Lauren her score, and jumping up and down in excitement. Chloe's teacher called later with her score since she had played later in the day.

Of course I love the piano but don't wish to force it on anyone. But it does teach so many good skills- mental and physical. It gives confidence to work so hard for several months and see the efforts pay off, a great boost to the ole self esteem. Even though I liked their pieces, it will be nice to finally hear some new music floating through the house. It was funny to hear Noah singing the pieces by the end, he knew them well :) GREAT job girls, here's to more happy festivals!

1 comments:

jaredandangela March 10, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

it was so good to hear from you. I can't believe that you have four kids now! I remember your husband saying that he was done after your twins - but I'm sure he is so happy that you didn't stop there. They are so cute! Hope all is well!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made