hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

making me happy...

























There's a huge pile of boxes on the curb that used to hold all our food storage and now it sits on these wonderful shelves put up on Monday by my Dad, Loren, and Cody. Amazing how it looked like so little when we got it on the shelves, but I'm hoping to start hitting some case sales and stocking up. In college I had food piled on our washer and dryer and since moving here, it's all been in boxes, making it hard for me to want to buy any extra. Now where our washer and dryer used to be is this storage room, it's a delight to walk into. So a HUGE thanks to the brains and brawn behind the work, I love it!

And of course there's little Ivy, she's been such a pleasant gal. She does pretty well at night, waking only to eat then dozing off by me again. And I know they say babies can't smile until they're around 6 weeks, but I tell you, we've seen some little grins. And I don't believe babies smile because of gas, who smiles because of gas, nobody. She's happy with the exception of diaper changes. I'd forgotten how wonderfully fresh and sweet new ones are, so cuddly. I'm adjusting to not being able to do things on my schedule, for now Ivy sets the schedule. I know it will pass so fast, it has with all my other babes. So there may not be many posts without a picture of Ivy, she's hard to resist :)

6 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

I've never thought smiles and gas were connected either. She's a wise spirit in that little body...she's happy to finally be making the adjustments to a new life! Sweet cutie...I miss her!

Love,
Grandma

Anonymous November 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Golly! I forgot! The shelves look wonderful!! I'll bet that feels SOOOOO good...I know how thrilled I would be. I'm glad you feel encouraged to plan for further food storage. I think it's as important now as ever before. You deserve this Tanya!
love you,
mom

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost November 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Oh my goodness! I cant wait to meet her, what a cutie!
See ya in a few days! :)

Carla November 21, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

I am so jealous. Of the shelves, not the baby, that is Those shelves look great. All that space to store food. Wow. Your baby is cute too. I just like kids a little bigger. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Carla

Lisa Huber November 21, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

Those shelves are awesome. I am SO jealous ... and a little jealous of the baby too! Emphasis on little. I'm talking to Jake about that - The shelves that is :) I'd love for him to build me some. I hope you are getting some rest over there. I posted a couple of Ivy's pictures ... go see, she's adorable.

Lyle November 22, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

Wow! I'm so glad you have pics of Ivy posted. Tanya, she's a cutie. I can hardly wait to see her, you and Cody, the girls, and Noah. What an awesome family! I'm sure you're also enjoying the lovely improvements you've made to your home. Cody, the food storage shelves look great. Tanya, I wish I could be there now to sample all of the yummy goodies you're baking!

Love,
Uncle Lyle

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made