hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Do you need a paint stirrer with that?

I feel asleep at 10:30 last night and was woken up by Cody coming to bed around midnight. Finally, I got comfortable with my 2.5 pillows and went back to sleep again. I awoke with a start at 3:07, my water had broken! I turned over to tell Cody, where was Cody? I stumbled out of bed and went to open the bedroom door. The hallway was filled with people all lined up and heading into the baby's room. I hear Cody, "I'm in here." Only it's not the baby's room any longer, it's your friendly neighborhood Sherwin Williams store and my husband is mixing paint for complete strangers at three in the morning. Hmm, paint, I wonder what the significance of that is? When I tell him we're about to meet the newest little Hansen, he's tells me to hold on, he's busy. He's WHAT? Where's my attentive husband who calls from work all the time and gives me that look saying, "Are you feeling anything?" He obviously didn't make an appearance in this wacky pregnancy dream. Ahh, I'll miss all the weird dream plots when I finally have this baby.

Still waiting patiently, my due date found me waddling around Walmart, stocking up, I've been doing lots of that lately. I just don't know what to plan on. But, we're all feeling good, just hoping it might be this week. This is about my third picture of me while pregnant, just haven't gotten around to it. But I figured we'd better, since hopefully it's close. I never really want pictures, but there's something nice about looking at it in 2 years. Since I seem to forget what it's like to be pregnant and right now, have forgotten what it's like to NOT be pregnant, funny how you get used to whatever. Even being overdue :)

3 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost November 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

I keep waiting too!
Great picture, i love Noah's face- Haha!!
Keep on dreaming of your water breaking and i'm sure it will soon enough!
Love ya!

idahohubers November 13, 2008 at 1:50 AM  

You got me there for a sec ... I was hoping this was an announcing post not a delaying post! Yes, I think too many paint fumes for you! If anything all that painting should have earned you an on-time delivery. I'm still looking forward to seeing the finished result and the new baby too of course!

Carla November 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Keep us posted!!!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made