hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

happy halloween...


Well, here are our little spooks, some spookier than others. Cody's family came up and we went to dinner then to the mall. It wasn't too crowded and would be perfect for cold weather, although yesterday seemed pretty mild. By the end, Noah was saying "trick or treat" and "thank you."
Chloe is the vampiress and is still sporting the dripping blood a bit today, that stuff has staying power! I was a bit worried as to how her cape would turn out, but I think we pulled it off. I'm not terribly fond of masks, but Lauren wanted to be a skeleton. At the mall she had to take it off, we eventually ended up cutting between the teeth so she could actually breathe. :) Noah finally decided on the clown costume, it was a bit big, but he makes a sweet-looking clown.
For all those wondering how gynormous I am there's an excellent picture for you. WAY past the cute baby bump stage, and more into the large and waddling part. Crazy to think my due date is only 10 days away! Exciting!
Lauren and Chloe reminded me so much of myself at their age when they got home. We put Noah to bed, he was completely wired and strung out on candy. (Cody keeps reminding me to let kids be kids- I struggle with the sugar highs and lows that invariably strike the entire week following Halloween-but that's a WHOLE other post.) L & C dumped out their entire night's collections and sorted and traded. It was fun to just sit back and watch, I remember doing that with my siblings, comparing and trading, not wanting to eat anything quite yet, just reveling in the quantity and that it was all mine! Well, we can't get our costume groove on for another year, but I'm sure there will be enough other sugary holidays to tide us over. Hope it was happy for all of you!


2 comments:

landon November 1, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Ahhh, the days of post trick-or-treat candy swapping together!

Thanks for the pics, Tan! You're looking great! And the kids too - you do such a good job creating and making things. And re the sugar highs, I hope they weren't giving out too many pixy sticks :).

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost November 1, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

What cute costumes!!
You all look so cute. Looked like a fun night!
Love ya

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made