hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

I don't want to see...

anymore peaches! I've been knee-deep in canning! It's not something I thought I would ever do much of, not sure why, but I really like it. I did 54 quarts of peaches, half that in pears, apple pie filling, pickles, pickled beets, and tried my own concoction of apple/peach/mango sauce. Yum, it turned out pretty tasty- as Chloe would say- tasty is her word of choice these days. So I'm hoping to be almost done, maybe some more apple pie filling or sauce and tomatoes-if we get enough. It gave me a satisfied feeling to see all those jars full for the coming year. I'm guessing we'll polish it off in that much time. I had one more little trip for just me. On Saturday my Mom and I picked up my sister-in-law Carrie in Logan and we attended Time Out for Women. Their were some fun and inspiring talks and I really enjoyed the music. I came away feeling motivated to do better in some areas of my life, and that's always a good thing. It was a fun day, but always nice to come home again. Well, after canning nearly every night last week then being gone Saturday, I'm headed off the spend some time with Cody. I'd say he deserves it :)

1 comments:

Melissa September 18, 2007 at 8:21 AM  

Good Job, Tanya! Way to go. I too was canning this week. It sure does make you tired, But oh, the payoff when you look at the shelf and see all the beautiful jars! It will be great for you in the coming year. How fun,(Time out for Women)I'm glad you got to go. :)

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made