hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

home again home again...

Well, we changed internet providers and yes, I'll admit it, just for that week I did miss the web. But we're back at a faster pace, yea! On Friday I met my Mom in Pocatello and we drove to Boise to spend the weekend with my sister Shay. I had been looking forward to this trip, it was so fun. We hit up the farmer's market, Art in the Park, had sushi, saw Hairspray and just hung out together. I loved it, loved the city, loved being with the girls. The whole three days flew by for me. Cody, well, maybe not so much. What a good man, he stayed here and watched the kids. I just have to laugh at how he kept the house so clean, and yet today I spent the whole morning just picking up and cleaning. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose :) Anyway I had a fantastic time, so thanks to Mom and Shay. Mom and I also drove out to Caldwell and got peaches, pears, and apples to bottle. And we managed to squeeze in a few squash and pluots in her loaded car. So I'll be canning this week, I was excited to find such great fruit at a great price, yum, I love fall, harvest time, that chill in the air, and pulling on jeans once again. I got some fun ideas for sewing projects, I hope to get some done before it's time to Christmas shop. I'm finishing up my third apron-so exciting.....!

3 comments:

Lisa Huber September 10, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

What did you think of Hairspray? I've been wanting to see it. Glad you had a fun break!

Melissa September 11, 2007 at 9:21 AM  

very, cool. You'll have to let me know how the pluots taste. I have been wondering about those! What a fun time with your family!!! I would love to do something like that............you have got my mind going now! Are the aprons your making for christmas? that might be a really good idea................

Anonymous September 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

I wouldn't have taken Cody to see Hairspray, it had a lot of singing, more of a musical. I thought it was fun and hilarious. Queen Latifah and John Travolta did a great job. The aprons aren't Christmasy fabric, but would be a fun gift I think. I copying Lisa's idea and doing a traveling one with the ladies in my family. I think it will be a fun way to keep in touch.

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made