hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

I see a bad moon risin'


Last night at 8 I headed out for a run. The first time I went running at night I wasn't so sure I liked it, but now I enjoy the quiet dark stillness. That being said, it was much too dark for me last night and I was puzzled thinking that the last time I was out it had been almost a full moon, had I missed it? I kept running, looking for the road where I would turn around and was almost ready to just head back into town when the moon began to slowly rise over the mountain in the distance. I didn't take this photo, but it looked similar, all huge and orange. A truly beautiful moon. As it cast a soft light onto the snow covered fields I saw the road then turned around to go home thinking how fortunate I am to live in a place where I can run down a paved road at night, all alone, miles out of town and feel completely comfortable. No traffic, no people, just a few horses. To know I had a safe, warm home and family to return to made me whisper a little prayer, gratitude for myself and a blessing for those who are missing those things in life right now. So very blessed.

1 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost March 22, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

Is your camera broken!? I miss you guys and want updates of my sis and her fam!!!
Love you!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made