hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

wishes...


























Hoping....
-the next four years don't fly by as quickly as the past four have.

-they'll still sit on Santa's lap next year :)

-they will want to spend a few more New Year's Eve's with their parents playing games

-that $1 will always seem like a generous amount to earn for babysitting for me

-these sweeties will always want me to sit on their beds and chat at the end of day

-they will always tell me what's on their minds- tonight it was immature boys, bras, and reading assignments

-they can feel confident and comfortable in their own skin

-they will know the makes-my-heart-hurt love I'll always have for them

-they will learn that a beautiful girl is not just seen, but respected, admired, and loved.

-I can always hear their laughter coming from upstairs

-they know how much I appreciate their help. How did I get so lucky to have TWO right hand girls?

So seriously blessed and humbled to be their mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous January 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Ohh, this made me take a little journey back. I remember my firstborn little girl of one sitting on Santa's knee. Yes, the next four years will hurry by too, but with your wise perspective, you'll enjoy them and be glad for where you are. I am always awed and deeply humbled by the motherly instincts you possess. You continue to teach me. I love you!
mom

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Funny I had a similar entry in my journal tonight. Seems like on the day to day stuff I don't try and seep out the joy of every moment getting to be a mom. Thanks for the sweet post Tan!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made