hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

put in my place...again


Sometimes I have to take a trip down memory lane with photos to remember how cute and sweet they once were :) Especially on a Sunday afternoon when this adorable now three year old is tired beyond reason. I was doing dishes at the sink and he was whining about wanting to play the computer. He really does play plenty and I don't think it's too much to ask to have just one day where we take a break, maybe it is too much to ask, it was today. He let out a ear-splitting barbaric scream that just wouldn't stop. After about 5 seconds I flicked some dishwater on his face. Anything to put an end to the howling. I got the reaction I was hoping for- shock, then instant quiet. No unkind words or raised voice on my part, maybe I should try it more often. Then I felt terribly unkind as his eyes got especially sober and large and he said, "Mom, Jesus doesn't like it when you throw water on my face." I wanted to tell him Jesus also wouldn't think yelling at your Mom was a great idea either, but I held my tongue. Then it was over, smiles and hugs, on to the next thing, which was fortunately a nap- for both of us. Tired Moms and kids can make a bad combination at times. At least I know he's listening as a new Sunbeam, something is sinking in :)

3 comments:

Steve O'Connor & Shay Yost January 25, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Haha that's an awesome story! Noah is so cute in that pic!!

Anonymous January 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

I enjoy hearing these stories. You're great!

idahohubers February 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

I love hearing your stories. This one really made me laugh!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made