hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

back to school...



I always like back to school time, not just for the obvious reason that the kids are about to have some structure to their day and I might have a productive day for a change. But I like getting ready for a new year- new shoes, new supplies, not so new backpacks this year. I like the change from summer to fall, harvest time, and squeezing in those last few summer outings with the kids. I really have enjoyed having the girls home this summer. As much as I gripe about what they don't do, they DO a lot. So helpful with Ivy and Noah and always good at playing together, just a few moments this summer where they had to take a break from each other!

I figured we better get on the ball with school shopping this year, since we are about to move to the Valley of Desolation as far as shopping goes. Noah's always a good sport, it seems like we're often shopping for the girls and he rarely complains, maybe he's still too young to know he's being left out- yet again- either way we got him a set of (washable) markers which he's enjoyed in many ways. I think our new school North Gem had a smaller list of school supplies which was a pleasant surprise. L & C have brought paints and other things and never ended up using them. I am glad to mostly be done- just undies and socks left. Two stores with the four kids was enough for one day :) I haven't been dumpster diving since college- but I did score some great boxes in back of Dillards, thanks for the ideas everyone!

1 comments:

Ball of Fire July 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

I agree..its totally fun to school shop even though our selection is like everyone elses..Uniforms we still like choosing the shoes..backpack,24 crayons or 62..I get to do something others dont..I get to go to the embroidering shop!

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made