hansen happenings

...random thoughts from our lives...

Memorial Day weekend...


It's always nice to go to Bancroft for Memorial Day since that's where all our roots are- returning to Bancroft though-that's a whole other post...!

We visited three cemeteries that day, seeing Cody's Mom's parents and both my grandparents. It was a good experience for the kids to make some connections and find out the real reason they missed school for a day- two actually. It always seems to rain that weekend, but we were blessed with cool overcast clouds, a perfect day. I have so many ancestors that I'm excited to visit with again and some I never had the chance to meet. Hopefully there will be plenty of time to visit and get to know one another all over again someday!



2 comments:

idahohubers May 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

I know you are in a cemetary paying due respect and adoration to your loved ones, but you look beautiful!!!! I love the wavy hair, why won't mine do that?. You have some instructing to do.

All that green open space is the Idaho I've grown to appreciate over the past few years. Just beautiful. As for Bancroft, I know it's your roots and all and people need to have a career and stuff, but I'm pretty much in denial that you are leaving! I'm glad you won't be too far for an occaisional girls night or apricot picking party!

Anonymous June 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

I love these pictures!!! I'm slow as slow can be, but I loved spending Memorial Day with your group!!

Mom Yost

words we love...


"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in."

the hansens

the hansens

Lauren

Chloe

Noah

Ivy

stuff I've made